Tuesday, October 28, 2008

new love already??

This is from an email my ex wrote me 1.5 weeks after we broke up, but were still talking....

I have made some decisions and have decided that we cannot hook up or talk anymore. The hooking up is too tough for me as I do attach physical things to my emotions. Talking to you is also not good for me because it will never allow me to move on. You want to be single and I get that, but I am at a different point in my life where I do not want to be single. I am not being fair to myself by still talking to you and being there for you in the way that I did when I was your girlfriend.


I have nothing wrong with what she said above, but reading the line about her not wanting to be single tells me a couple things. It tells me that it didn't matter who was she in a relationship with, as long as she was with someone. It tells me that, all the love and feelings she said she had for me, was very exaggerated and that she has the ability to throw it all away. It shows me that for as crushed and hurt as she was, she has already gone out with other guys, and is ready to date other people. I am taking a lot of this from other things she has said and written, not just that paragraph, but that paragraph does sum up a lot of it.

I know I am the one who broke up with her, but for her to run off so quickly and date someone else and want to fall in love right away shocks and hurts me.


She wrote this back to me, after I wrote pretty much the above, guess I was wrong. Like usual, she is the smarter, more normal one, and I was over-reacting and being stupid. I hope one day I am ready to settle down again with someone, and hopefully she will still be there....

I am not moving on right now, but I have no idea whether you will ever be ready to be with me so I feel like by still talking to you all the time I will never move on...I am still madly in love with you but you assume that just because I say "i dont want to be single" that that means that I am going to run and meet someone else....all that I meant by that was that we want different things...you know that I want to be with you, but how do i know you will ever want to fully be with me? you have broken up with me twice now because you dont want to be with me fully.

No comments: