Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Marriage

Most people I hang out with, have this negative feeling towards marriage, and think that the majority of marriages wont work out the way they should I know this is mainly based on the fact that Tj and I have both been divorced already, and we look around and see other marriages falling apart and ending in divorce( Katy, Mandy, Reagan, etc..), but they refuse to look outside there little group and look at everyone else we know. Jen, Laura, Nicole, Sean, Paul, Adam, etc...are all happily married, some with kids, and are loving their lives to the fullest. The point is that marriage can work as long as both people are truly in love and truly understand the commitment that it takes.
I know most people think I am anti-marriage because of what happened to me, but that could not be farthest from the truth. True, at this exact moment in my life, I do not want to get married, but I am all for marriage again, and I think that marriage is a great thing, and if two people can find each other, that they should get married. Currently 3 of my best friends are either engaged( Brandon, hall) or recently married(mike-last week). everyone around them brings up how there is no way all 3 will work out, and tons of negative things, and I think that is the rudest, weirdest thing I have ever heard. As friends, we should be there for them, and we should want them to succeed in their marriage and in their future. It makes me very upset when people judge a relationship just from what they see on the outside, not knowing what really goes on on a day-to-day basis in those people's lives.

No comments: