Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fred Mcguire

Let me start by saying, I rarely try to hold grudges or hatred towards people, but obviously there are certain people that I do. The blog below the person will remain nameless, because I still have respect for him, and there is a salvageable future there. As far as Fred goes, I have no respect, I never want to speak to him again, and I don't really care who knows that, and more importantly, I don't care who knows the things he has done.

I have known Fred for most of my life. I don't want this to seem like I am talking behind his back. Everything I am writing, I have told to him numerous times, and most of his best friends know the stories also, and all they can say to me is "thats Fred, you have to deal with things like that from him"

Like I said, I have known him most of my life, and we have always been friends, sometimes closer then other times, but the whole time friends. Once I graduated and moved home, we became closer again, and over the last couple of years became very close. Then about 2 years ago, I found myself in a situation where I was living by myself in my house, and he was getting evicted from his house because his landlord was selling the house. It made sense that Fred could move in with me. We set everything up, and he moved his stuff in. The whole time we lived together, things were going well, he always paid rent and utilities on time. There were things that bothered me, but that is just something I dealt with.(he never bought any thing for the house, but used everything, ex. toothpaste, tp, paper towels, etc..)
After about 4 months of living there, he tells me he may be moving to Charlotte sometime in the future. That was all he mentions about it. Over the next 3 months, things got very weird and shady with him. He started avoiding me, and he would only come home when he knew I would be asleep, and then he would be gone to work by the time I woke up. He stopped paying rent, and would leave me notes on the counter telling me he knew he owed me money, and that he would get it to me.
I would see him out at a bar, or at a friends house, and he would act like everything was great, because he knew I wouldn't bring up roommate issues at a bar or a friends house, and then I wouldn't see him for another couple of weeks. He started getting sneaky, he would stay at his parents house or a friends house, just to avoid me.
Finally, after a whole bunch of drama and excuses and other shit, he tells me he is moving out in 2 weeks to go to Charlotte. I tell him fine, but he hasn't paid rent in 2 months, and the third month of rent is coming up due in a week. He knows that will be $2400, so he gives me $400 then, and tells me hell give me more before he moves, and then mail me up the rest. I believed him, and I know how expensive it can get moving, so I let him go. 2 weeks passes and he is still there, and I talk to him, and he says is going to be another month before he moves. The next day he starts all the shadiness again, and I never see him. We exchange notes on the counter, and then I wake up one day, and he is gone. He waited until a night when I was sleeping out, packed up his whole room and left. He didn't say by to any of his friends, didn't give me any money, he just left like he was the Baltimore Colts.

When I told all his best friends that he had just left, they were shocked and upset that he didn't say bye to them. I was upset about that, but also that he had ran his tab up to $2800 with me, and didn't leave me any money. Fast forward 3 months now. I have been emailing, calling, texting, etc.. him to talk to me about the money he owed me. He ignored everything, wouldn't talk to me, but at the same time would be talking to my friends who were also his friends. Eventually, he would write back to me, telling me he was going to mail up a check, and then he wouldn't and he would duck me again.

The bottom line is I will never see that money, and probably never see Fred again. It just bothers me, that I was such a bad judge of character to not only be friends with someone like that, but to let them into my house. This man left a state without telling any of his friends, and owing his landlord/friend close to 3K. He is now moving to Richmond, my guess is he did some bad things in Charlotte, and is ducking out of there like he did Baltimore.

No comments: