Saturday, April 4, 2009

The world of Dating

I am now single and in the dating world. This is a world I have not been in for a very, very long time. I tend to meet someone I like, and then I want to be with them and date them. Since I have been going out and going on dates, I am learning a lot about not only myself, but also about different people out there. For most of my life, anyone I have liked or dated has been someone that I either previously knew or was part of my social circle, and it just happened. The problem with that is where I live and always meeting people at bars, gets old, and it is so nice to meet people outside of my circle who do and enjoy many different things, not just going to fed hill bars.

I have never had a lot of self confidence for many reasons, but I never truly( and I still don't really get why) understood why girls liked me and are attracted to me. I am learning more now about why women do like me, and the type of person I truly am. I am realizing now, that because I spent most of my time meeting girls at bars or through my friends at bars, I was only meeting one type of girl, and those girls all had certain values and certain ways of viewing life, and I was starting to think that those were the only girls that were around.

I am now seeing more about the other women that are out there, and what they are like, and what they look for in guys. A friend recently told me that the point of dating is not really to go out and find your true love right away, but to date and find out exactly what you don't like, and that way it will be a lot easier to find the right person for you, because you have a better idea of what you do and don't like.
I am learning that people really like my personality, my eyes, my smile, and just my overall view on life. I guess I never really saw any of those qualities in myself, but I am starting to be more self confident now. I guess it just took meeting some girls outside of my social circle, to start to see what girls see in me.

The flip side of that for me is that I do not think I want to be dating. I have been on dates recently and I have a good time on them, and all that sort of stuff, but I am realizing that after you have a good time on a date, then its time for more dates and you start to get closer, etc.. I do love knowing that people out there like me, it really does help the confidence, but at the same time, I don't necessarily want to go out with someone I may or may not like, and then have them start to like me, and all of a sudden, I find myself in a relationship, and I am not ready for that yet.

The ultimate question I have to ask myself, is am I ready to go on these dates, am I ready to start dating just one girl, why do I feel the need to keep going out with these, where do I want my life to go in regards with women? Once I can answer all of these questions for myself, I think I will be truly ready to date again.

No comments: