Thursday, September 1, 2011

If I were to get back to online dating

A while ago I did it, and the one thing I remember from it is that the profiles that are listed are a complete waste of time. They are a combination of a giant lie mixed with people just saying what they want other people to hear, mixed with people leaving out all the important stuff. I have no desire to do this again and for that matter, I do not even want to date at all right now, but people keep telling me I need to date etc. Right now, I do not want to meet anyone new at all.


I get why people do that(lie on their profiles), because so many people either dont even read the profile or because they figure they can talk about all of that stuff in person. Also, not every person wants the exact same thing, but all you see on there are the same key words and same phrases. It would be refreshing is people were just totally honest. If you are on there to hook up and see where it goes, say that. If you are on there because you really want a relationship, say that. If you really like somewhere or something, say it. Instead, it is all generic and a lot of lies.




Below is what I would write if I were to get back on and do a profile. It will probably come across weird and wouldn't get any looks at, but at least I know it would be honest...

My name is Jason Levy and I am recently single. A while ago, I was on here and I met some very interesting people. To be honest, it seemed that if every person I met was somehow different then what they said on here. Old Pictures, false hobbies, making up what they are looking for etc. I do not want any more fakeness. Yes, like everyone, I am looking for that special person, but I know that true love can not be forced and/or found after one date. In my opinion, the person you end up with should also be your best friend and that is really what I am looking for. They should be the person you want to spend every second with. You can still go out and have fun and you can both have your own hobbies, but at the end of the day, you know you have the right person when you can enjoy sitting on the couch with that person and just being you more then any night out. It is tough to say what I am looking for exactly, because I do not have a specific type. The whole point of being online is to meet people you would not normally meet and to try to make a connection that you didn't know could be made. I do know I am looking for someone that can have a good time with me no matter what we are doing. I do not want someone that wants to go out to the bars every night and wants to always be partying, but at the same time, I do like to go out from time to time to have some fun, so I need someone that could go out with me and have a good time. Mainly, I need someone that can make me smile and someone that will love me for me and I can, in turn, love them for them. People are all so different, and it is impossible to tell if someone is a match for you just by looking at some pictures etc, because I think personalities matching up is the biggest thing. I know that every person has a past and I wouldn't call it baggage, but every person has stuff in their past that has shaped them with who they are today. A person's past should never interfere with their future. I hope that the person I meet would never judge me on my past, as I would never judge anyone else's past.

As for me, there are so many things I love. I am very laid back and not much upsets me. I can have fun doing anything. I have been told I am a "manly man" because of my love of sports(playing and watching) and poker and things like that. I never considered myself that, since I do not like hunting or fishing and stuff like that. I will say, that I will watch/DVR anything on tv. I get made fun of a lot, but I like most of the bravo shows(top chef, millionaire matchmaker, real housewives, etc), most of food network, crappy shows on MTV, all the law and orders etc. At the same time, I do truly love sports. I love all types of food. I go through phases of really eating certain foods, sometimes I try to eat super healthy, other times calories are the last thing on my mind.
I have recently gotten into running and I try to run at least 4 days a week now along with working out. I have traveled to over 15 countries, numerous islands and all over the US. Honestly, there is so much more I want to see, and most of that is inside the US.

I am interested in meeting someone new and not the same person that I have always met. I know it is tough for most people since for most of us, the only place you can meet someone is through a friend or family and that never really works out because you are just set up because you are both single. You can meet someone at work, but that normally ends up badly. Or, you can meet someone at a bar. Yes, that can be fun, but how many people can honestly say they met their true love etc at a bar. I understand why people are so negative about online dating, but I do not see the negative side of it. The point of this is to meet some new people, go on some dates, and to see if that connection is out there.




No comments: