Thursday, August 5, 2010

Death of a friend's parent

When someone I know and someone I am Friends with has a parent die, I take it very hard. There are many reasons for this, but I think the main two are that a. I never fully coped with my mom's death and it still eats at me how the whole funeral/ grieving situation was handled and b. I know( unfortunately) how difficult it is to lose a parent.

I try to be there for them as much as I can. Sometimes that means just showing up at a viewing, sometimes it means doing the eulogy, sometimes it just means being able to answer a phone call and listen to them. Whatever it is, I am more then willing to do.

I remember when my mom died, thinking that I do not want anyone I know to have to go through this pain and overall shitty feeling.

No comments: