Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Am I a good person or a bad person

I have been thinking about this a lot lately. At first impression I say, of course I am a good person. Then, someone told me that I was a bad person and that I have no morals and that they can't trust me, and that they think I am just an overall bad person. That me think a lot about my life and who I truly am.

I started to think that if someone said name 5 of your friends who are good people, I could do that in a second, and if they said name 5 people you know that are just bad people, I could do that very quickly also. I started to wonder that if anyone I knew would put me in either category. I would like to think that I would sometimes be in the first category, and I would hope that I would never be in the second category. Yes, I have made some mistakes in the past, and I have done things I am not happy or proud that I did, but that doesnt make me a bad person at all.

When I think of an overall good person, I think of someone that more times then not is always doing the right thing, they are always nice, they are not dicking people over, they love their family, they have good friends, and you just know that you can always count on them if you need them. When I think of someone that is a bad person with no morals, I think of someone who mainly only cares about them self. They are the person that if there is ever something bad that can be done, they will 100 out of 100 times take that route. They will be rude and mean to everyone, except for whatever people they are hanging out with at that minute, if they are a guy, they will only acknowledge a girl if there is chance they could sleep with them, and if not, they will not even say hi and they will be a complete dick to that girl. There are other things, but I guess I just want to always be considered in the top part of that.
An example of an overall good person is Brad Carey. 6 of us went out on a charted rockfish trip a couple years ago. There is a limit on how many rockfish you can actually catch and keep. I had no idea of this. I am not a big fisher,but all of the other guys on the trip were. Apparently, most people if they are having a good day will just keep some over the limit, because no one actually checks in the coolers and counts them. Well, we hit the limit for how many we could catch, and 3 of the guys wanted to keep fishing and keeping more, and brad was addiment about not keeping any more bc that was against the rules, and he would not participate or stand by anything like that. It was at that moment, I realized how good of a person he was.

With me, I think I am a great person. I care more about making other people happy then I do keeping myself happy. that can be a fault sometimes, but I just always want all my friends to be happy and they all know that no matter what, I will always be there for them no matter what they need. I am a good person, and I know I am a good person. The problem is I have made mistakes in the past and made some bad decisions that give the impression that I am not a good person and because of that, I still have to live knowing that certain people still view me as a bad person, and that eats me up every day :(

No comments: