Thursday, January 14, 2010

abortoin

This is one of those topics that no one ever wants to talk about, but yet is something that most people have had some sort of encounter with. As I have learned, this is a very personal and emotional topic and every single person has a different emotion towards it.

I guess for me, I have my own view on it. I will say that, I think it is wrong that both women and men get embarrassed and feel a sense of shame when talking about it. I know it is sort of a "taboo" topic, but it is a part of real life, and for someone to have to go through something so emotional and difficult, and then be embarrased to talk about it, because they are afraid of what people may say, is just wrong.

I always say when it comes to relationships and when people break up, that I will not comment or make an opinion on it, because when it comes to a relationship, no one except for the two people involved really know what is happened, so it is unfair for anyone else to judge them. I feel the same way about when someone gets an abortion. It is 100% their choice or the choice of the couple. No one knows except for the people directly involved what is going on and what circumstances lead into a person's decision to get an abortion.

I have known people that have gotten abortions and I know people that are 100% against it. I know that those people intermingle because the person that got the abortion would never speak their mind. It is very interesting how modern society judges when someone gets an abortion, and they view it as a very simple black or white thing, when in actuality it is very complicated and very specific to each individual person, and no person should ever be embarrassed or judged for making an opinion that affects their life.

No comments: