Sunday, May 31, 2009

you only live once

As one of my friends just told me, you only live once, so you mine as well enjoy every second of it. I know this sounds like a corny line, but when you really think about it, you really only do live once, and you need to enjoy your life. Dylan has a song all about it, Cake has a song about it, etc…, but the bottom line is that you really only do live one life. Each person takes this a different way, and when I say this to people, it comes across as sounding as an excuse for getting wasted all the time and doing stupid things like that.
That is not what I mean at all. For each person it could mean something else, but it means you should be able to just enjoy your life and not be afraid try something new, and just always be happy. For some people that means reading a good book every night, for some people it means jumping out of a plane, the point is for each person it means something different. For me it means, not being afraid to try new thing, and not backing down to something just because I think I wouldn’t like it or enjoy it. I look around a lot and I see people making decisions all the time that I feel they are just making because they are afraid of something, or afraid of how someone will view them, or they think that it is maybe it isn’t something they want to do.
I am not in a position to judge anyone for their choices, I just know I am at the point in my life, where I am sick of not doing things because I am afraid or scared or I think someone will judge me in a certain way.
As I said earlier Dylan said” if your not busy being born, then you’re busy dying” and Cake said “ As soon as you’re born, you start dying, so you mine as well have a good time”. They are both sort of morbid, but they both have a meaning behind them.

No comments: