Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My Party

Another year, another Christmas party. As we get older, this party seems to get bigger and better. The theme for the party every year is to bring a toy(that I give to charity) and a bottle of liquor/wine for the party, and I get the keg and cook all the food. I am not sure if it is because we are older and more mature, have more money, like to party more, etc.., but either way every aspect of the party is better.
The most important thing is the toy aspect. When I first started doing the party, the majority of the toys were from the $1 store, or cvs and were all very small and little. The thought was still there, and the charity still loved them, but over time, the presents have become bigger and more expensive and are very, very nice. I don't know the exact reason why it is happening like that, but I think it is great. I am very grateful for everyone that brings a toy to my house, and I know the kids that are receiving the toys are also very, very grateful.
As far as the party itself goes, it seems to get bigger, louder, drunker, every year. I think part of it is, people are partying like that less and less, so they look at this as one night to let it all go. The majority of the party contacted me the next day and told me what a great time they had, and also how bad they felt.
When I cleaned up the next day, I found at least 20 bottles of liqour, 25 bottles of wine, 5 empty 30 packs, and the empty keg. That is a ton of booze for a holiday party. I hope everyone had a great time, and I can't wait for next year.

No comments: