Friday, November 21, 2008

New York

I went to New York last weekend and stayed with Hall, and then went to the Ravens/Giants game on Sunday. Normally, a weekend in New York is no big deal, and I have a pretty good idea of what I am getting myself into. This weekend was 100% different then any weekend I have ever had up there, and it showed me a lot about myself. It showed me that I don't need all the things that I am used to, and I can have a great time with my friends and with myself, not being crazy.



I wanted to get out of Bmore for a weekend, and even though I normally party pretty hard when I am up in NYC, I knew it was going to be good for me to get away. I had no idea it would be like this.



I arrived Friday night, and by the time I got to his apt, it was about 1130pm. In Ny, that doesn't matter, so we hung out at his apt for a little bit and then walked down the street to a local bar. This was already different then the other trips, bc we were not in the heart of the city, and we were not in a big group getting wasted. We went to this bar and stayed there until about 330, no shots, no blacking out, just a couple of drinks talking and catching up. We got late night food, and then went back to his place. The next day we woke up, and started our day. My normal Saturday consists of waking up and watching game day. I then eat and drink all day starting at 12, and watch every single football game on tv. By 4, I am normally buzzed or already drunk, and getting ready to meet a group of guys to drink more and watch more football. I then party all night, and wake up sunday hung over, and do the whole thing again.



This Saturday was 100% opposite. We woke up, and his fiance made us breakfast. We hung out for a little bit and watched some dvd's(he doesn't have cable). We then left his apt and walked around Brooklyn and the Brook. Bridge and all that. We were outside and walking around just chilling for most of the day form about 12-3. We then got back to his apt(I hadn't drank or watched any football) and we showered and changed and went and grabbed a late lunch. At the bar, we ate some lunch, but didn't even drink. We chilled in his apt(I took a nap) then at night, we went to his cousin's house for a nice, sit-down dinner party. It was about 11 of us, and there was some wine and liquor drank, but nothing crazy, and nothing in excess. It was mature grown-ups sitting around having a good time. No tv blaring, no flip cup, no gambling, etc.. After the dinner party, we went home, and didn't go out any more that night.

That was the exact weekend that I needed.

No comments: